Five years after the first catalan free-coin seminar (From the point of view of the Catalan Integral Cooperative)
In 2009, between 27th and 29th December in Alt Montseny, the first free-coin1 seminar took place. It was a meeting that signified the start of social currency coordination across Catalonia. The seminar established the principles for further expansion of social currency networks in Catalonia and other territories.
- Mutual Credit. Implementing interest-free currency, operating under negative balances and mantaining cero global network balance.
- Currency Exchange. To allow exchange between fiat currency (euros) and social currency, both via exchange bureaus and at CIC Fairs, on an initial 1 to 1 basis in order to facilitate exchange.
- Online System. To manage balances and other transactions, allowing connectivity and inter-operability between various networks as well as being compatible with the option of developing printed currency.
- CIC-Organised fairs as periodical local spaces in which to meet and trade.
- Purchasing centres. 6 As permanent exchange stores (Co-operative stores)
CES: 7 virtual community exchange system with social currency
Social coins in the CIC
Assessment of difficulties, obstacles and gaps
Agreements to promote and extend trust
Delivery of social currency
Econets and coordination meetings without borders
New tools: IntegralCes 26
Summarizes the main characteristics of Integralces:
- It is free software, ie, its development is open and col·laboratiu.27
- Self-management server is in Catalonia, allowing a significant degree of proximity and agility to resolve maintenance issues.
- It is more intuitive and easy to use.
- intercanvis.net:31 originally created for Grace Interchange Network (Xaingra), and Knowledge Sharing Network Grace (XIC-Gracia) around 2007. Shortly thereafter became the place to collect information from all networks for exchange of goods, services and knowledge.
- Turuta: 32 social currency promoted by the ECOL3VNG association (local ecological economic ecosystem of Vilanova and Geltrú).
- Cic-Intercanvis: 33 mailing list to primarily share demands and also make offerings, prioritizing them social currency, the direct exchange or gift.
- Mercat Ecosol 34 social currency promoted by the Solidarity Economy Network (XES).
- Bancs of temps: 35 in recent years have created dozens of time banks generally promoted or supported by state institutions and municipalities.
- Institute of Social Currency: 36 study group of several groups and economists who study it closely and actively participate in the dissemination and extension.
Transition towards a society for the common good
- Social coin, a transformative tool? 39