The social currency within the cooperative is used as a tool to account transparently the exchange between individuals, to facilitate multi-reciprocal exchanges, and immediate exchange between people in an eco-network or in CIC. On a practical level a computer software, CES (Community Exchange System), which is responsible for registering exchange, is used. It also has a space to display your offers and demands similar to a bulletin board.
- 1 unity equals to 1 euro and to other social currencies, except those that eco-networks use at the moment as an exchange reference.
- Euros can be converted to ECOs but not the otherway around.
- A limited debt is possible (meaning one can have a negative balance). This amount is decided in the assembly.
- Simultaneous participation to a local eco-network currency and the CIC currency is permitted.
- If you already have an eco-network account, local currency and cooperative currency can be exchanged.
- If you do not have an eco-network account, you can buy and sell through your account in the integral cooperative.
- Thus, it could be taken as a subsidiary currency for the ones that do not use local money.
- How to join Ecoxarxa
- To register to the Exchange Network of the CIC
- Finding deals